How To Optimize YouTube Videos For SEO .Click to learn more about using online video marketing in your business.
Online Video Marketing Tips : 10 SEO Tips For Video Marketing
If you know anything at all about online marketing, you know that search engine optimization (SEO) is an important component of any internet marketing strategy.
When you optimize your website properly, you increase the chances that your page will appear high on a list of search results, which in turn makes it more likely that customers searching your keywords will end up on your website.
Creating a short and compelling marketing video is a great idea for any business, but in order to get the best return on your investment, you will need to optimize your videos. Every piece of content you create should be geared toward promoting your business and improving your search results.
The good news is that, unlike some other elements of SEO, optimizing a marketing video is actually fairly easy. Here are some tips to help you:
For more online video marketing tips go here :
How To Rank Videos on YouTube
1. Put Your Target Keyword in the File Name of Your Video
Google’s search engines give the most weight to keywords which appear in prominent places (titles, URLs, etc.) so do yourself a favor and put your main keyword in your file name. The file name becomes part of your URL, so you’re killing two birds with one stone.
2. Include Your Primary Keywords in Your Script
Don’t overdo it, but choose one or two keywords that you want to optimize for, and use them in an organic way. Since you want to target “local” consumers, be sure to include the city/state
with your keywords.
3. Make Sure Your Video Content is Relevant To Your Customers
Search engine algorithms aren’t only concerned with keywords – your content must be useful and relevant as well.
4. Don’t Just Put Your Video on Your Website – Share it Other Places, Too
When you post it on YouTube and your social media sites, you increase its visibility.
5. When You Post Your Video on Other Sites, Make Sure To Include Your Chosen Keyword in the Meta Description of the Video.
6. Allow Your Video To Be Rated on YouTube
If it receives high ratings, it will be more visible to search engines and can also help to encourage viewers to share your video.
7. When you post the video on your page, include a written transcript of it beneath the video. Not only will this give you another mention of your primary keyword, it may also help you to increase conversions.
8. Add an RSS feed for your videos. This will ensure that your customers can subscribe to be informed of new content, and it will also make it easier for search engines to index your site.
9. Have a Separate Landing Page For Each Video on Your Site
Search engines can read individual pages more easily, and having multiple videos on one page can be confusing for viewers, too.
Does Embedding YouTube Videos Help SEO?
10. Make it Possible For Other People To Embed Your Video on Their Sites
When you do that, you encourage sharing and also increase the chances you will get relevant inbound links – a must for SEO.
Does Your Business Use Video?
Are yOU Business Videos Ranking in Google and YouTube?
If you need help getting your business videos ranked in YouTube and Google call Blue Square Management now on +44 (0)1689 602 248 or visit our website at
YouTube Video SEO Services
Blue Square Management
9 Grange Road
Online Video Marketing Tips : How To Optimize YouTube Videos For SEO